How to Change the Headlights in Your Toyota Corolla
You’re driving down the street when you notice that your headlights aren’t as bright as usual. You pull over to the side of the road, park and get out of your car to see that one of your headlights has gone out. To make sure you can see at night and you don’t get a ticket, we are going to teach you how to change the headlights in your Toyota Corolla. Keep reading for steps and tips for changing a headlight.
Just a few simple steps
- Find the headlight housing. This what keeps the headlight in place in the Toyota Corolla’s front fascia.
- If there any parts that are preventing you access, remove them if possible.
- Look for wires going into the rear of the bulb assembly. Here you will find a plastic housing with the bulb in it. Remove the headlight housing after finding it.
- Carefully take out the old bulb. Then take the new bulb and place it into the spot where the old bulb was.
- Put the headlight housing back and make sure the bulb is twisted on tight.
- Check to make sure that the headlight works. This will help ensure that you installed the bulb correctly or if you accidentally bought a broken bulb.
Tips to remember when changing your headlights
While changing a headlight is easy there are some tips to remember to make the process even easier. If you don’t have internet to reference this post, check your owner’s manual for instructions as well. Have the new light bulb ready to go because as soon as you take out the old bulb, moisture and dirt will start going into the headlight. When you change one bulb, change the other at the same time to save money for the future. To prevent any damage to the new bulb, wear gloves and avoid tapping or bumping the bulb against any surfaces. This can make the light burn out faster than normal.
[ Read more: How to Improve Your Fuel Efficiency ]
Maintenance services in Janesville, WI
If you don’t feel confident enough to do this by yourself, visit us at Hesser Toyota. Our service staff will get a new headlight bulb into your Toyota Corolla in no time. Other maintenance services we offer include oil change, tire rotation, and transmission flush.